These Terms govern
- the use of VFX Cookbook, and,
- any other related Agreement or legal relationship with the Owner
in a legally binding way. Capitalized words are defined in the relevant dedicated section of this document.
The User must read this document carefully.
VFX Cookbook is provided by:
3030 NORTHWEST EXPRESSWAY STE 200B
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73112
Owner contact email: [email protected]
What the User should know at a glance
- The right of withdrawal only applies to European Consumers. The right of withdrawal, also commonly called the right of cancellation in the UK, is consistently referred to as “the right of withdrawal” within this document.
- Please note that some provisions in these Terms may only apply to certain categories of Users. In particular, certain provisions may only apply to Consumers or to those Users that do not qualify as Consumers. Such limitations are always explicitly mentioned within each affected clause. In the absence of any such mention, clauses apply to all Users.
- Usage of VFX Cookbook and the Service is age-restricted: to access and use VFX Cookbook and its Service the User must be an adult under applicable law.
- Minors may access VFX Cookbook and use its Service only under parental or adult supervision.
Single or additional conditions of use or access may apply in specific scenarios and in such cases are additionally indicated within this document.
By using VFX Cookbook, Users confirm to meet the following requirements:
- There are no restrictions for Users in terms of being Consumers or Business Users;
- Users must be recognized as adult by applicable law;
- Minors may only use VFX Cookbook under parental or adult supervision;
- Users aren’t located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist-supporting” country;
- Users aren’t listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties;
To use the Service Users must register or create a User account, providing all required data or information in a complete and truthful manner.
Failure to do so will cause unavailability of the Service.
Users are responsible for keeping their login credentials confidential and safe. For this reason, Users are also required to choose passwords that meet the highest standards of strength permitted by VFX Cookbook.
By registering, Users agree to be fully responsible for all activities that occur under their username and password.
Users are required to immediately and unambiguously inform the Owner via the contact details indicated in this document, if they think their personal information, including but not limited to User accounts, access credentials or personal data, have been violated, unduly disclosed or stolen.
Conditions for account registration
Registration of User accounts on VFX Cookbook is subject to the conditions outlined below. By registering, Users agree to meet such conditions.
- Accounts registered by bots or any other automated methods are not permitted.
- Unless otherwise specified, each User must register only one account.
- Unless explicitly permitted, a User account may not be shared with other persons.
Users can terminate their account and stop using the Service at any time by doing the following:
- By directly contacting the Owner at the contact details provided in this document.
However, termination of the account will not be possible until the subscription period paid for by the User has expired.
Account suspension and deletion
The Owner reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend or delete at any time and without notice, User accounts which it deems inappropriate, offensive or in violation of these Terms.
The suspension or deletion of User accounts shall not entitle Users to any claims for compensation, damages or reimbursement.
The suspension or deletion of accounts due to causes attributable to the User does not exempt the User from paying any applicable fees or prices.
Content on VFX Cookbook
Unless where otherwise specified or clearly recognizable, all content available on VFX Cookbook is owned or provided by the Owner or its licensors.
The Owner undertakes its utmost effort to ensure that the content provided on VFX Cookbook infringes no applicable legal provisions or third-party rights. However, it may not always be possible to achieve such a result.
In such cases, without prejudice to any legal prerogatives of Users to enforce their rights, Users are kindly asked to preferably report related complaints using the contact details provided in this document.
Rights regarding content on VFX Cookbook – All rights reserved
The Owner holds and reserves all intellectual property rights for any such content.
Users may not therefore use such content in any way that is not necessary or implicit in the proper use of the Service.
In particular, but without limitation, Users may not copy, download, share (beyond the limits set forth below), modify, translate, transform, publish, transmit, sell, sublicense, edit, transfer/assign to third parties or create derivative works from the content available on VFX Cookbook, nor allow any third party to do so through the User or their device, even without the User’s knowledge.
Where explicitly stated on VFX Cookbook, the User may download, copy and/or share some content available through VFX Cookbook for its sole personal and non-commercial use and provided that the copyright attributions and all the other attributions requested by the Owner are correctly implemented.
Any applicable statutory limitation or exception to copyright shall stay unaffected.
Access to external resources
Through VFX Cookbook Users may have access to external resources provided by third parties. Users acknowledge and accept that the Owner has no control over such resources and is therefore not responsible for their content and availability.
Conditions applicable to any resources provided by third parties, including those applicable to any possible grant of rights in content, result from each such third parties’ terms and conditions or, in the absence of those, applicable statutory law.
VFX Cookbook and the Service may only be used within the scope of what they are provided for, under these Terms and applicable law.
Users are solely responsible for making sure that their use of VFX Cookbook and/or the Service violates no applicable law, regulations or third-party rights.
Therefore, the Owner reserves the right to take any appropriate measure to protect its legitimate interests including denying Users access to VFX Cookbook or the Service, terminating contracts, reporting any misconduct performed through VFX Cookbook or the Service to the competent authorities – such as judicial or administrative authorities – whenever Users are suspected to be in violation of any laws, regulations, third-party rights and/or these Terms, including, but not limited to, by engaging in any of the following activities:
- pretending to fulfill any possible condition or requirements for accessing VFX Cookbook and/or using the Services, such as for instance being adult according to law or qualifying as a Consumer;
- concealing their identity or stealing someone else’s identity or pretend to be or represent a third-party, if not allowed to do so by such third-party;
- manipulating identifiers to disguise or otherwise conceal the origin of their messages or of the content posted;
- defaming, abusing, harassing, using threatening practices, threatening or violating the legal rights of others in any other way;
- promoting activity that may endanger the User’s life or the life of any other User or lead to physical harm. This includes but is not limited to suicide threats or instigations, intentional physical trauma, the use of illegal drugs, or excessive drinking. Under no circumstance is any User allowed to post any content promoting and/or encouraging and/or showing any self-destructive or violent behavior on VFX Cookbook;
- probing, scanning or testing the vulnerability of VFX Cookbook, including the services or any network connected to the website, nor breaching the security or authentication measures on VFX Cookbook, including the services or any network connected to VFX Cookbook;
- installing, embedding, uploading or otherwise incorporating any malware into or via VFX Cookbook;
- using VFX Cookbook or the technical infrastructure in an abusive, excessive or otherwise inappropriate way (for example: for spamming purposes);
- attempting to disrupt or tamper with the technical infrastructure in a manner that harms or places an undue burden on VFX Cookbook or the Service;
- adopting any automated process to extract, harvest or scrape information, data and/or content from VFX Cookbook and all the digital properties thereto related unless where explicitly allowed to do so by the Owner;
- disseminating or publishing content that is unlawful, obscene, illegitimate, libelous or inappropriate;
- publishing any content that promotes, either directly or indirectly, hate, racism, discrimination, pornography, violence;
- disseminating or publishing any content that is false or may create unjustified alarm;
- using VFX Cookbook to publish, disseminate or otherwise provide content protected by intellectual property laws, including but not limited to patent, trademark or copyright law, unlawfully and without the legitimate right-holder’s consent;
- using VFX Cookbook to publish, disseminate or otherwise make available any other content which infringes on any third-party rights, including but not limited to state, military, trade or professional secrets and personal data;
- publishing any content or carrying out any activity that disrupts, interrupts, harms, or otherwise violates the integrity of VFX Cookbook or another User’s experience or devices. Such activities include: spamming, distributing unauthorized advertisements, phishing, defrauding others, spreading malware or viruses etc.;
Commercial use restrictions
- registering or using VFX Cookbook in order to promote, sell or advertise products or services of any kind in any way;
- indicating or trying to imply in any manner, that a User stands in a qualified relationship with VFX Cookbook or that VFX Cookbook has endorsed the User, the User’s products or services or any third party’s products and services for any purpose;
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
Some of the Products provided on VFX Cookbook, as part of the Service, are provided on the basis of payment.
The fees, duration and conditions applicable to the purchase of such Products are described below and in the dedicated sections of VFX Cookbook.
To purchase Products, the User must register or log into VFX Cookbook.
Prices, descriptions or availability of Products are outlined in the respective sections of VFX Cookbook and are subject to change without notice.
While Products on VFX Cookbook are presented with the greatest accuracy technically possible, representation on VFX Cookbook through any means (including, as the case may be, graphic material, images, colors, sounds) is for reference only and implies no warranty as to the characteristics of the purchased Product.
The characteristics of the chosen Product will be outlined during the purchasing process.
When the User submits an order, the following applies:
- The submission of an order determines contract conclusion and therefore creates for the User the obligation to pay the price, taxes and possible further fees and expenses, as specified on the order page.
- In case the purchased Product requires active input from the User, such as the provision of personal information or data, specifications or special wishes, the order submission creates an obligation for the User to cooperate accordingly.
- Upon submission of the order, Users will receive a receipt confirming that the order has been received.
All notifications related to the described purchasing process shall be sent to the email address provided by the User for such purposes.
Methods of payment
Information related to accepted payment methods are made available during the purchasing process.
Some payment methods may only be available subject to additional conditions or fees. In such cases related information can be found in the dedicated section of VFX Cookbook.
All payments are independently processed through third-party services. Therefore, VFX Cookbook does not collect any payment information – such as credit card details – but only receives a notification once the payment has been successfully completed.
If payment through the available methods fail or is refused by the payment service provider, the Owner shall be under no obligation to fulfil the purchase order. Any possible costs or fees resulting from the failed or refused payment shall be borne by the User.
Authorization for future PayPal payment
If Users authorize the PayPal feature which allows future purchases, VFX Cookbook will store an identification code linked to the Users’ PayPal account. This will authorize VFX Cookbook to automatically process payments for future purchases or recurring installments of past purchases.
This authorization can be revoked at any time, either by contacting the Owner or by changing the user settings offered by PayPal.
Retention of Product ownership
Until payment of the total purchase price is received by the Owner, any Products ordered shall not become the User’s property.
Retention of usage rights
Users do not acquire any rights to use the purchased Product until the total purchase price is received by the Owner.
Delivery of digital content
Unless otherwise stated, digital content purchased on VFX Cookbook is delivered via download on the device(s) chosen by Users.
Users acknowledge and accept that in order to download and/or use the Product, the intended device(s) and its respective software (including operating systems) must be legal, commonly used, up-to-date, and consistent with current market-standards.
Users acknowledge and accept that the ability to download the purchased Product may be limited in time and space.
Performance of services
The purchased service shall be performed or made available within the timeframe specified on VFX Cookbook or as communicated before the order submission.
Right of withdrawal
Unless exceptions apply, the User may be eligible to withdraw from the contract within the period specified below (generally 14 days), for any reason and without justification. Users can learn more about the withdrawal conditions within this section.
Who the right of withdrawal applies to
Unless any applicable exception is mentioned below, Users who are European Consumers are granted a statutory cancellation right under EU rules, to withdraw from contracts entered into online (distance contracts) within the specified period applicable to their case, for any reason and without justification.
Users that do not fit this qualification, cannot benefit from the rights described in this section.
Exercising the right of withdrawal
To exercise their right of withdrawal, Users must send to the Owner an unequivocal statement of their intention to withdraw from the contract.
To this end, Users may use the model withdrawal form available from within the “definitions” section of this document. Users are, however, free to express their intention to withdraw from the contract by making an unequivocal statement in any other suitable way. In order to meet the deadline within which they can exercise such right, Users must send the withdrawal notice before the withdrawal period expires.
When does the withdrawal period expire?
- Regarding the purchase of a service, the withdrawal period expires 14 days after the day that the contract is entered into, unless the User has waived the withdrawal right.
- In case of purchase of a digital content not supplied in a tangible medium, the withdrawal period expires 14 days after the day that the contract is entered into, unless the User has waived the withdrawal right.
Effects of withdrawal
Users who correctly withdraw from a contract will be reimbursed by the Owner for all payments made to the Owner, including, if any, those covering the costs of delivery.
However, any additional costs resulting from the choice of a particular delivery method other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by the Owner, will not be reimbursed.
Such reimbursement shall be made without undue delay and, in any event, no later than 14 days from the day on which the Owner is informed of the User’s decision to withdraw from the contract. Unless otherwise agreed with the User, reimbursements will be made using the same means of payment as used to process the initial transaction. In any event, the User shall not incur any costs or fees as a result of such reimbursement.
…on the purchase of services
Where a User exercises the right of withdrawal after having requested that the service be performed before the withdrawal period expires, the User shall pay to the Owner an amount which is in proportion to the part of service provided.
Such payment shall be calculated based on the fee contractually agreed upon, and be proportional to the part of service provided until the time the User withdraws, compared with the full coverage of the contract.
Exceptions from the right of withdrawal
The right of withdrawal does not apply to contracts:
- for the supply of digital content which is not supplied on a tangible medium if the performance has begun with the consumer’s prior express consent and with their acknowledgment that their right of withdrawal is thereby lost;
- for the supply of sealed audio or sealed video recordings or sealed computer software which were unsealed after delivery;
- for the provision of services, after the service has been fully performed if the performance has begun with the consumer’s prior express consent, and with their acknowledgement that their right of withdrawal is lost once the contract has been fully performed;
Liability and indemnification
Limitation of liability
Disclaimer of Warranties
VFX Cookbook is provided strictly on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Use of the Service is at Users’ own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the Owner expressly disclaims all conditions, representations, and warranties — whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of third-party rights. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by user from owner or through the Service will create any warranty not expressly stated herein.
Without limiting the foregoing, the Owner, its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners, suppliers and employees do not warrant that the content is accurate, reliable or correct; that the Service will meet Users’ requirements; that the Service will be available at any particular time or location, uninterrupted or secure; that any defects or errors will be corrected; or that the Service is free of viruses or other harmful components. Any content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Service is downloaded at users own risk and users shall be solely responsible for any damage to Users’ computer system or mobile device or loss of data that results from such download or Users’ use of the Service.
The Owner does not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the Service or any hyperlinked website or service, and the Owner shall not be a party to or in any way monitor any transaction between Users and third-party providers of products or services.
The Service may become inaccessible or it may not function properly with Users’ web browser, mobile device, and/or operating system. The owner cannot be held liable for any perceived or actual damages arising from Service content, operation, or use of this Service.
Federal law, some states, and other jurisdictions, do not allow the exclusion and limitations of certain implied warranties. The above exclusions may not apply to Users. This Agreement gives Users specific legal rights, and Users may also have other rights which vary from state to state. The disclaimers and exclusions under this agreement shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
Limitations of liability
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall the Owner, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners, suppliers and employees be liable for
- any indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including without limitation damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, arising out of or relating to the use of, or inability to use, the Service; and
- any damage, loss or injury resulting from hacking, tampering or other unauthorized access or use of the Service or User account or the information contained therein;
- any errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content;
- personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from User access to or use of the Service;
- any unauthorized access to or use of the Owner’s secure servers and/or any and all personal information stored therein;
- any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the Service;
- any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like that may be transmitted to or through the Service;
- any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available through the Service; and/or
- the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any User or third party. In no event shall the Owner, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners, suppliers and employees be liable for any claims, proceedings, liabilities, obligations, damages, losses or costs in an amount exceeding the amount paid by User to the Owner hereunder in the preceding 12 months, or the period of duration of this agreement between the Owner and User, whichever is shorter.
This limitation of liability section shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction whether the alleged liability is based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, or any other basis, even if company has been advised of the possibility of such damage.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, therefore the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to User. The terms give User specific legal rights, and User may also have other rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The disclaimers, exclusions, and limitations of liability under the terms shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
The User agrees to defend, indemnify and hold the Owner and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners, suppliers and employees harmless from and against any and all claims or demands, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses, including, but not limited to, legal fees and expenses, arising from
- User’s use of and access to the Service, including any data or content transmitted or received by User;
- User’s violation of these terms, including, but not limited to, User’s breach of any of the representations and warranties set forth in these terms;
- User’s violation of any third-party rights, including, but not limited to, any right of privacy or intellectual property rights;
- User’s violation of any statutory law, rule, or regulation;
- any content that is submitted from User’s account, including third party access with User’s unique username, password or other security measure, if applicable, including, but not limited to, misleading, false, or inaccurate information;
- User’s wilful misconduct; or
- statutory provision by User or its affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners, suppliers and employees to the extent allowed by applicable law.
The Owner’s failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of any such right or provision. No waiver shall be considered a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term.
To ensure the best possible service level, the Owner reserves the right to interrupt the Service for maintenance, system updates or any other changes, informing the Users appropriately.
Within the limits of law, the Owner may also decide to suspend or terminate the Service altogether. If the Service is terminated, the Owner will cooperate with Users to enable them to withdraw Personal Data or information in accordance with applicable law.
Additionally, the Service might not be available due to reasons outside the Owner’s reasonable control, such as “force majeure” (eg. labor actions, infrastructural breakdowns or blackouts etc).
Users may not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of VFX Cookbook and of its Service without the Owner’s express prior written permission, granted either directly or through a legitimate reselling programme.
Intellectual property rights
Without prejudice to any more specific provision of these Terms, any intellectual property rights, such as copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights and design rights related to VFX Cookbook are the exclusive property of the Owner or its licensors and are subject to the protection granted by applicable laws or international treaties relating to intellectual property.
All trademarks — nominal or figurative — and all other marks, trade names, service marks, word marks, illustrations, images, or logos appearing in connection with VFX Cookbook are, and remain, the exclusive property of the Owner or its licensors and are subject to the protection granted by applicable laws or international treaties related to intellectual property.
Changes to these Terms
The Owner reserves the right to amend or otherwise modify these Terms at any time. In such cases, the Owner will appropriately inform the User of these changes.
Such changes will only affect the relationship with the User for the future.
The continued use of the Service will signify the User’s acceptance of the revised Terms. If Users do not wish to be bound by the changes, they must stop using the Service. Failure to accept the revised Terms, may entitle either party to terminate the Agreement.
The applicable previous version will govern the relationship prior to the User’s acceptance. The User can obtain any previous version from the Owner.
Assignment of contract
The Owner reserves the right to transfer, assign, dispose of by novation, or subcontract any or all rights or obligations under these Terms, taking the User’s legitimate interests into account. Provisions regarding changes of these Terms will apply accordingly.
Users may not assign or transfer their rights or obligations under these Terms in any way, without the written permission of the Owner.
All communications relating to the use of VFX Cookbook must be sent using the contact information stated in this document.
Should any provision of these Terms be deemed or become invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, the invalidity or unenforceability of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
Any such invalid or unenforceable provision will be interpreted, construed and reformed to the extent reasonably required to render it valid, enforceable and consistent with its original intent. These Terms constitute the entire Agreement between Users and the Owner with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede all other communications, including but not limited to all prior agreements, between the parties with respect to such subject matter. These Terms will be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Should any provision of these Terms be or be deemed void, invalid or unenforceable, the parties shall do their best to find, in an amicable way, an agreement on valid and enforceable provisions thereby substituting the void, invalid or unenforceable parts.
In case of failure to do so, the void, invalid or unenforceable provisions shall be replaced by the applicable statutory provisions, if so permitted or stated under the applicable law.
Without prejudice to the above, the nullity, invalidity or the impossibility to enforce a particular provision of these Terms shall not nullify the entire Agreement, unless the severed provisions are essential to the Agreement, or of such importance that the parties would not have entered into the contract if they had known that the provision would not be valid, or in cases where the remaining provisions would translate into an unacceptable hardship on any of the parties.
Definitions and legal references
VFX Cookbook (or this Application)
The property that enables the provision of the Service.
Any legally binding or contractual relationship between the Owner and the User, governed by these Terms.
Any User that does not qualify as a Consumer.
European (or Europe)
Applies where a User is physically present or has their registered offices within the EU, regardless of nationality.
Example withdrawal form
VFX Cookbook 3030 NORTHWEST EXPRESSWAY STE 200B OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73112 USA
I/We hereby give notice that I/we withdraw from my/our contract of sale of the following goods/for the provision of the following service:
_____________________________________________ (insert a description of the goods/services that are subject to the respective withdrawal)
- Ordered on: _____________________________________________ (insert the date)
- Received on: _____________________________________________ (insert the date)
- Name of consumer(s):_____________________________________________
- Address of consumer(s):_____________________________________________
- Date: _____________________________________________
(sign if this form is notified on paper)
Owner (or We)
Indicates the natural person(s) or legal entity that provides VFX Cookbook and/or the Service to Users.
A good or service available for purchase through VFX Cookbook, such as e.g. physical goods, digital files, software, booking services etc.
The sale of Products may be part of the Service.
The service provided by VFX Cookbook as described in these Terms and on VFX Cookbook.
All provisions applicable to the use of VFX Cookbook and/or the Service as described in this document, including any other related documents or agreements, and as updated from time to time.
User (or You)
Indicates any natural person or legal entity using VFX Cookbook.
Any User qualifying as a natural person who accesses goods or services for personal use, or more generally, acts for purposes outside their trade, business, craft or profession.